Some murals and some non-murals (for fun)

On one of my motorcycle rides, I went to a nearby city called Brentwood, to meet an acquaintance. The acquaintance never showed up and so I had lots of time to look around. I found this bench pictured below made in good taste and I thought the shadows made for a good photo. The picture was taken on my phone camera and edited, converted to B&W using GIMP.


There was this one very big mural which I tried to capture without using pano mode on the phone camera, so there are multiple shots of the same below.


So nice to see a paperboy on a bicycle, especially in what looks like baseball outfit.

While waiting for this acquaintance at a Wine Bar, I saw these coasters that gave me a chuckle. I figured I will add them to this post - why not? :)





Linking with Monday Murals.

That's all for now.

Be well!

Comments

  1. The mural does appear to be monumental! I can never decide the best way to capture long walls that are creatively decorated. Some go on for a whole block. The wide-angle views are so distorted, but multiple images just don’t quite do justice to the art work.

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paperboy is so nice. It's so well thought out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing us everything painted on such a horizontal long mural. I like the paper boy on a bicycle, too. Your comment reminded me that Konica film was sold under the brand name of “Sakura”.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The murals are beautiful.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love finding murals...just cannot imagine doing something that big.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful mural of the countryside. And the newspaper boy -- an almost forgotten sight. :)
    I love this.
    And those are some fun wine-themed coasters . :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic mural and shots....
    yes, the quotations about wines are funny.... hehehe...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning murals and great BW bench photos and fun quotes ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores ~
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great shots with your phone -- it's amazing to me what they can do (because I am just about as ancient as that paper-boy would be if he's still around ;>)! The mural is a lovely piece and I can easily imagine it "all put together"...and the coasters made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, the coaster sayings are good! But I also love this long mural that shows so many different things - loghorn cattle, a helicopter, a winged horse, the newsboy, seagulls (?), the sea (?) - an exciting story that we can make up ourselves ...
    I really like your nostalgic photo of the bench too!
    All the best and a good start into May, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/weltreise-2024-2-station-sydney.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts