Horses at Ghost Ranch

 Below are some pictures from Ghost Ranch, NM, taken during September 2023.

One of the horses spotted this tourist dude with a camera and decided to check him out.
Getting closer. Notice the horses aren't too keen on this tourist :)
Getting closer. Another one seems interested, let's see....
Now, we are getting really close.
May be the two will approach.
One kinda shakes its head ....
Tilts its head around as if to see if the other horse is following....
And, that was that. I got a picture of these two beauties in the distance.

Horses are magnificent creatures and seem really intelligent (who are we to judge, eh?). They are very comforting to be around  and they are very curious too. I got to see more horses than ever before in my life over the summer, which I consider a blessing. 

Gratitude: I am so grateful that I can see well enough and take photos. I am thankful for all that I have and all that I don't have.

Linking with Saturday's Critters.

That's all for now.

Be well!

PS. I learned a few weeks ago that a fellow blogger Jeevan of Jeevan's World passed in April of this year. I meant to visit Jeevan in 2015, when I visited India, but got around to it because of bad planning. I miss his thoughtful posts from Madras/Chennai, India. RIP Jeevan.



Comments

  1. What a fantastic encounter with those horses. They're such majestic creatures, and your photos captured their curiosity and beauty perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    The horses are beautiful critters, I love seeing them. The visit to the ranch is nice. I am sorry to hear that Jeevan has passed. Wonderful series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critter post. Take care, have a happy day and a great new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really gorgeous. They are mavellous critters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these beautiful horses too. I didn't know that Jeevan had passed away. He was an inspiration to us all. How sad for his family. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The horses are beautiful, you captured their beauty with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm very sorry to read that Jeevan has passed away - I also had sporadic blog contact with him. Very sad... Thanks for the information!
    How nice that the horses of the Ghost Ranch greeted you in a friendly way with a nod of their heads. You managed to get some great photos.
    All the best, cozy autumn days, Happy Halloween and a good start to November, Traude
    ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/10/alte-friedhofe-allerheiligen.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. the horses are really beautiful, i have a deep affection for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horses are wonderful animals, you took and shared some great photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent to be with the horses. Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts