Hummingbird(s) 2

While on vacation in NM earlier this month, on a good afternoon in New Mexico, I had the inclination to try my new camera (Canon Rebel R10 w/ a 18-150mm lens) on the Hummingbirds. I was ready and they were (are always) ready and it was to do some digital shooting. I can almost certainly say it is the same bird in all the photos in this post, but I will be hard pressed to tell one from the other, especially if they are the same kind :)

Zoomed in to get this shot and subsequently cropped it.

Same beauty as above.
A while later, this baby wanted a drink and hence it came to its ever-clean, spotlessly maintained feeder and I clicked.

Though at an angle, you can still see that beak :)

Thanks to new technology, even those with physical limitations can take some decent shots - hooray!

Same baby as above.

I was surprise to see that I could count the dots (please don't challenge me on this one, ok? :) ) on this hummers face/throat/neck.

Stretch those wings which do a lot of work. These guys almost sound like "electric jet planes", enough whizzzzing noise and none from the motors.

I kept shooting to my heart's content.

Time for another drink!

Almost ready to go...

Nah, think I will pose for this guy again.

Off we go to the tree.

Can y'all see me?

Gratitude: I am so delighted I can see reasonably well and take photos. Thanks to modern technology, I can take photos even with a non-VR telephoto lens. I am so thankful for all that I have and all that I don't have.

Linking with Saturday's Critters.

That's all for now.

Be well!



Comments

  1. Awesome photography of the hummingbird ~ Wow!

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fantastic time capturing these hummingbirds with your new camera! The details in the photos are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome captures of the Hummingbird! You and your camera did a great job capturing this tiny cute bird. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You took some amazing photos with your new camera. I think I'll check it out but I like my Canon...it's lightweight! We didn't see as many hummers this summer. Neat photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I looked at one online and it's a very cool camera...on my wish list now! lol

      Delete
    2. I am glad you liked my photos. The new camera is definitely a plus and it works very good. I haven't learned what exactly HDR is, but it too can make some good photos from time to time.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE hummingbirds! It was a great pleasure to see your hummingbird photos <3 Congrats to your new camera!
    All the best and happy October days
    Traude
    ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/10/straenkunst-und-gartenlust.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts