Life Member - Audubon Society and other observations

My apologies to you all who visited my blog and left a comment as I could not reciprocate last week, but I will do so soon.

More pictures of us enjoying our vacation in New Mexico.

If you saw my post from last week, I talked about the Hummingbirds that visit us outside our casita. We start this post with a picture of Genghis watching the Hummingbirds through the curtains.


On the farm where we are currently, there are horses as well. Here is a picture of a mare, whose name I forgot.


Below is a picture of Slim, who used to be a race horse - possibly retired. Both are very friendly. I fed them carrots and apples (crab apples which are plenty on the farm).


In spite of Genghis's objections, I fed a horse that we see everyday, who seems so lonely. Leave it to humans to read animals' minds, eh?


I gave this one three carrots. Genghis was left in the camper and barked his tail end off :)


Last Wednesday, we had the fortune of visiting the Shri Neem Karoli Baba Ashram and Hanuman Temple in Taos where we saw some gorgeous Peacocks.
Shri Neem Karoli Baba was the Guru of Ram Dass, one of the great spiritual leaders of our times.


Here is a pair of them roaming around the Ashram. They were very calm and tolerated us.


Another view of another Peacock in the Ashram using my Fuji X100V's baby-sized telephoto.


A view of the Mandir (Temple).


The Temple offers a free lunch and dinner (on some days, I think). It is a lacto-vegetarian meal and is very, very delicious. Even if you don't want to go to the Temple, I recommend visiting the Ashram for its serene environment and enjoying the meal. Donations optional!

Another view of the entrance to the Ashram.

Back to the farm to introduce our King of the Farm, Mr. Romeo.
I think he is a suitor to Lakshmi.


Lakshmi is having a good ole' time exploring.


Brother and Sister resting on our bed. Ain't it wonderful? I agree.


Linking with Saturday's Critters.

That's all for now.

Be well!


Comments

  1. The horses are really gorgeous!! i love the clouds, they always mesmerize me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    What a great variety of critters, Genghis and the kitties, the horses and the pretty peacocks. Great photos, looks like a fun time. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really neat place to spend time! The food looks good and it's neat to see the animals. Thanks for sharing your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wonderful travel post and neat photos of the animals ~ I loved Taos ~ a very creative place ~ Sweet dog and kitty ~ thanks,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and beautiful photos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Taos a few years ago. I would have loved to have stopped there for a visit. The food plate looks wonderful. Thank you for linking up and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts