It's Zinn

 You may know who Howard Zinn is if you've been around for a while or you're well read/informed. I saw this mural in Las Vegas - New Mexico.

On the topic of Zinn, one of my favorite books is his "People's History of the United States". Though I have read it before, this book still gives me goosebumps every time I thumb through it. 


Along the same lines is the independent news program "Democracy Now". Give them a listen if you like news from independent news sources. Amy Goodman and Juan González are simply fantastic.

Linking with Monday Murals.

That's all for now.

Be well!


Comments

  1. I had never heard of Zinn but I had the book at one time and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Yogi. I learned about Zinn from NPR, back in the 90s.

      Delete
  2. having his face on a poster is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I've been around for a very long time, but I'm not well read or informed. Thanks for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent historical reminder. A considerable author, far from mainstream thinking. This book transformed our perception of American history. The author methodically "unraveled" the official, heroic version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had never heard of him. Thank you for introducing him, shall look up the book you referred to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never heard of him, but I'm glad a mural was painted to honour him and his work. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read his books but I am familiar with him. It's a lovely mural. And thanks for coming by my blog this week. It's nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts